Thursday, 13 December 2012

On the Road

So this is my first attempt at posting from my phone while on the go-go. As mentioned a few posts ago, the boyfriend has been enjoying himself in a tropical location for several weeks now on an epic bike trip. The amazing thing is, I'm waiting at the airport for my connecting flight as I'M ABOUT TO GO MEET HIM!!! I know! So since this is a blog about food (and, indirectly, about cycling) I thought I'd try posting this way. I had the longest layover I've ever experienced today (almost 13 hours!) and so I ventured out of the terminal and headed into downtown Seattle for some good eats. I ended up at a place I've been once before, Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe in the University District. Everything on the menu is vegan and organic and there are plenty of gluten-free options as well. I settled on the Hippie Bowl, with perfectly cooked quinoa, shredded carrots, sprouts, tofu, tahini dressing and black sesame seeds. I opted for the large portion so that I could take half with me for dinner. It was scrumptious! I also treated myself to their house juice, a blend of apple, orange and ginger and then I finished off with a coffee and a hazelnut chocolate chip cookie. I didn't get a chance to photograph the cookie because I was too busy eating it. *Cough cough* I will dream about that cookie. That cookie makes all the other cookies in my life jealous and normally I would be sympathetic to other cookies' inferiority complexes but not this time. Because I'm too busy having mouth daydreams. It will have to be recreated. Ok folks, that's all for now. I'm getting a little loopy and I think I'm done eating for the day. Back soon with some exotic photos. "I like piƱa coladas . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment